Thursday, July 27, 2006

So I thought I'd choose a very safe topic today. My family consists of 3 people (including myself) and we are big foodies. At one point we would be out every week-end trying a new restaurant and that would be any 1 from a small chinese cart to a 5 star hotel.
Since My toungue has been coated with medicine these past few days I really can't make out taste for a bit and that happens a lot when I get sick. But here's to the memory of good food that I've had.
The Tisrya Curry at Highway Gomantak: Shell fish cooked in spicy brown gravy Konkani style
Crisp and yummy Bombay Duck at Gajalee in my opinion best in Mumbai
Indian food at this place called Dhara's dhaba . It used to be all rustic and punjabi style and we used to eat sitting on cots but I think now its become a huge pathetic hotel.
Bhindi at Uncles Kitchen in Panvel. Hmmm the place has all kinds of yummy food.
Soft chicken or paneer rolls at Carter Road ........but go early so that you get soft rotis too.
Thai-Ban's spicy schewan noodles------yummy!!!!!!!!!!
Deserts and ambience at Out of the BlueCandies for anything especially their dragon chicken, chicken sanwhiches, paneer wraps,chocolate tarts etc. etc. etc.
Subways - we love them........i know its junk food but still
Chinese food at Asia Wok ( the best ) or even China Gate or even 5 spice
Yoko's still rules for Sizzlers
Pav wada and Kulfi at Lonavla ........anything there tastes better
as for Buffets I like the Orchid and Duke's Retreat ones
Cafe Churchill in Colaba for Continental cuisine and the frankies at Churchgate station and linking road for them oozing yummy masala.
These names just came up as yummy eating destintations but yummy eating experiences would be eating my mom's goan fish curry and her chilli pickle- rocks! Karina's mom for black dal,Kinjal's mom (god bless her soul) for junk food and Dilshad's brother's wedding for yummy parsi food.Not to forget Prerna's mom who used to pack her office lunch with baingan ka bharta -rocks! Ghunghroo for chilli pickle from Jaipur and Marinha's mom for rummy chocolate blocks that are so divine.Eating in Bangkok of the streets prawns with noodles and all the spices and the sweetest coconut water.I think I could go on and on as I am sure everyone could. But I hope that my lovestory with food never ends.

1 comment:

Life or something like it said...

God blesses me with more foodies .. again n again .. n then i crib abt egttin fatter.. hw is it my fault