Sunday, July 30, 2006

I wrote to this lady Alicia Polak who I read about in the Corporate Dossier (CD) section of Economic Times (ET) and she replied.She is really admirable she left her cushy wall street job ( where she must have been making pots of money for sure) and started working for a village in Africa called Khayelitsha. Its a very poor village but she started a cookie making company there so that the women would have a means of livelihood and it is doing splendidly. I was totally fascinated that she did it. SHE IS MY HERO!
I spoke to Gujj yesterday and she is waiting to get married. She was saying how insecure she feels and how clued in I am about things but I told her that I feel that its the otherway around. Its funny how people perceive things so differently.
Tommrrow I start college and now that I'm finally starting I'm not looking forward to it.What contradictions but I am really glad that the mumps have left me.
I am meeting my office colleagues again today cause Arpita is back from B'lore. I wish I could always spend time with people like them. Where you know you will always fit in and who like you immensely and you them and where you feel connected. But thats not going to be the case unfortunately college itself is a case in point.

No comments: