One of my favourite movies is 'YOU'VE GOT MAIL". I love the way it picturises New York city and it has 2 of my fav actors Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. My friend Kinjal thinks that Meg walks like a boy. Anyway that aside. The story goes that Meg and Tom fall in love over the internet. Of course they happen to meet in real life as business rivals but they don't know that they are actually friends on the net.
And they are really good friends and talk about everything. Meg also tells Hanks that whenever someone is being mean to her and she has to have a comeback line she can never get one. She calls it a zinger. She'll get it much later when she would rather have it then and there to fight back with the person. In this case of course she is really talking about him because as a business rival he keeps putting her down and she would like to let him have it right at that moment.
Anyways I can relate to her completely when she says she never has comeback lines/zingers. I can be rude no doubt. But rarely am I rude when someone is being rude to me which is just sad I can think of a comeback line only later .So anyways I am sick right and so I'm sitting at home thinking of these comeback lines to give people. Right now I can think of one lady. It is a blog I have to be brutally honest (god help my soul!)
Well its an understanding among all the people who know her that she rarely speaks any sense. Well she asked me .....and your not going to believe how crass this is...... Anyways instead of congratulating or saying something nice about me getting into this masters program she said what would you have done if you hadn't gotten to join the program! At that time I told her that it was not big deal you know the program, it is really a mediocre one. But now I think I would have asked her the same question" The same thing your daughter would have done if she wouldn't have gotten in" I should also probably said 'that she( the lady) did fine without a masters degree or was she missing getting a masters'. Then once she said that I had lost weight because I got malaria! To that I would say to her ‘ It’s better than your daughter who makes herself intentionally sick by puking to make herself loose weight.”
Lots of people say insensitive things including myself and I feel that is the other person’s right to give back no matter what age etc. What do you think? So anyway I’ve had people putting me in her place when I’ve said something rude and even though the lady will probably never read this feels good to vent and I am going to now make it a point to give as good as I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Really well written.. its set my mind thinking too.. Thinkin of Comeback lines
Post a Comment