Sunday, August 06, 2006

Have you heard of the concept of cheerleaders? I read somewhere that if people have cheerleaders in their lives they are more likely to suceed and be secure. Cheerleaders are those people who always believe in you and stand by you and always encourage when you are down. Today I was blessed to be able to spend time with 6 cheerleaders in my life.WE are area friends. Then 3 of us got into the same junior college and even though we got into separated in senior college we just clicked as a group.It's been 10 years now and we've come a long way.Spending time with each other was so much fun at that time and still is even now.One of us is married with a wonderful kid, another one lost her mom recently and knowing the earlier her she would have been full of insecurities but she has only emerged stronger. Each in our own way has changed but that has only strengthened our bonds. All the insecurities I was feeling earlier is all gone. Because I know whereever I maybe in the world and at whatever stage I am always going to be special and unique to these women. To continue my story we gathered at our married friend's house since her husband was out of town. We ate chinese food gossiped and got drunk. We remembered all the good, funny, happy, sad times we shared over a tub of dark chocolate ice-cream.We saw a censored movie which none of us had ever had the pleasure of seeing before (UGH).........and we all agreed that watching the Kama Sutra in JC was much better.Yes we had decided to go for breakfast at 9'0' clock but we landed at the bagel place at 11 we ended it with a drive in the pouring rain and since we couldn't reach bandstand we got drenched at carter road.
As they say women can be wonderful friends and even worse enemies. But I thank my lucky stars thatI have been blessed with the former kind.I may not have siblings but I know I can pick up the phone and get the support of any of my sisters.
It is because of the security I have with my support system that makes mewant to be my best.I know there will be lots of people who will relate to me when I say this.Your cheerleaders don't worry what clothes you where or which Insitute you study in or which car you drive they always think that your the best.Today being Friendship Day I salute the cheerleaders in my life from my loving Parents to my wonderful circle of friends.And the next time I'm feeling overwhelmed I will just remember that I am blessed far beyond my comprehension.

1 comment:

Life or something like it said...

cheers to ur concept.. well written article