WILD HOGS!
There's a scene in the movie Wild Hogs where John Travolta and the guys dare each other to hit the back of a bull. So John goes in quite courageously and hits the bull. The second time around Tim Allen goes in. At that time the sheriff of the town whose with them says " We've seen it done once but never twice' and sure enough the bull comes charging after them.It's such a hilarious comedy about grown men on a motorcycle journey doing stupid things like hitting bulls on their asses.
Cut back to my Uncle B's ( name shortened to protect identity ;P) house.It's the holiday season so the alcohol and food are flowing. In between.......the stories start.These are grown, sane, men with children and who I cant imagine doing anything crazy and am I hearing some crazy stuff!!!! Uncle A. starts when I was at engineering college in Kolhapur all my best buds shared an apartment and we saw to it that it was close to the girls hostel! We used to show of on our bikes (here the model of bike was mentioned and Im sorry but I dont remember) doing wheelies.....and if we went out we used to tell the guys " Shining karaila jato" (Marathi for We're going to wow the ladies with our stunts~they used to call it 'shining'). Just like how in salsa we have the shining steps when you dance solo and basically show off your moves.......these guys knew about it ages ago ;)
Uncle B. talks about the time he did wheelies on his Bajaj Chetak totally 'high' on god knows what and smashed his knee.........bone cartilage , skin everything falling out.When the doctor was praising the way he took the stitches etc. without flinching, then only he realised how 'high' he really was, cause he did not know what had happened. And my own dad being dared to go into the Parsi couple's bungalow and pick up a stone because they had two ferocious dogs in the compound. And how when the dogs barked he nearly sailed back over the wall!!!!!!
It's a wonder how women dont have such life threatening stories to tell. And I have constantly been on a the receiving end of such stories.Like this friend of mine who constantly does something crazy and then feels the need to call me and give me the low down. But I have never been so crazy.......spontaneous yes.......It's how they were discussing if we sat to think what would happen we would never have jumped over that wall or did that stunt. Well this year is all about taking risks and doing things I've never done before........I have lived such a sane life......a fun life but safe..........Im not going to do anything dumb. I must say I've become too old for that. My rational side always kicks in when it gets reaaalllllyyy wild. But Im going to push some of my personal limits. And this blog is gonna take my readers through it and record it for my grandkids as well!!!!!!!!! Here's too 2008!!! Cheers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment