Friday, January 11, 2008

Alpha male and other stories

After party, party happening with birthday girl, me and her friend T. T introduced me to the concept of alpha male.
T frequently using the 'A' word. We ~"what exactly do you mean by alpha male"
Alpha male is the man who is the most MAN(LY). Explains with an example " Suppose you were at tution classes. 3 girls and 8 boys.Which boy do you think ALL the 3 girls would be attracted too? (My input ~ the most intelligent, but I am politely corrected!) The alpha male the one who stands out as being the most macho !!!!! Hmmm

Concept of Ratio & Proportion
A guy has too feel as if he can protect a woman. If he gets a vibe that you can fend for yourself, are too assertive, he will drop you like a hot potato.So if you like the guy you have to look at the ratio and proportion of how much you need to feel protected and how much he needs to protect you (T on why birthday girl and cute guy won't match cause the ratio & proportion are out of whack)

Skanky clothes
Men love women in skanky clothes. Bottom line ladies show your cleavage or anything else that is interesting. At this point birthday girl backs her up because on recent visit to London she realised that abroad it is excepted of you to dress up when you go out ! (aka skanky clothes).T tells a story where some man she really liked came upto her and complimented her on her new way of dressing ( Skanky 101) and so she knew she had a point.

I am absolutely done for........I'm just getting into sarees......going to be earning in 6 figures and am so into intelligent quirky men.........

HR Professionals ~FOS

Business design workshop. There are 3 teams. Team 3 comes up with a brilliant business model. We are looking at workable solutions for Government hospitals. One of the key issues are the fact that most individuals are from the rural areas coming to hospitals for better treatment. They lack information on where the relatives can stay, get food, which room the patients are housed in, how they can claim insurance etc.
So the group suggested having information kiosks within the hospitals run by Insurance companies (any company that would basically have a vested interest to run these kiosks ~ but I thought the insurance idea was brilliant) . They would have a captive audience to whom they could pitch to and also do them a service of providing them with much needed info. ( Insurance exists for that strata of society at even 50 rs per month).
The boy~ my friend started with the whole business model idea and it generated a huge amount of debate, because it was generally a good idea.The HR individuals in my group started talking about making it a CSR activity and not pitching at all. I was really irritated that at the end of a very long session, it was 8pm in the night (we spent 10 hours at this workshop) people were actually being allowed to speak through their hats.

Insurance is very hard to sell ( I know I've sold it). This is a novel way with a huge market to tap into. You would also be socially responsible by giving timely information.Sometimes I wonder if HR professionals think about where their paychecks came from. If all the companies where just there too "spread awareness and do good deeds"I think we could just kiss our jobs goodbye. Let me tell you that I support socially responsible companies. But they can only get that way if there is a strong business model too support it.
At the end of it the thoughtless person saying it can't be a revenue model ~ (we were literally screaming at each other )~ she saying it can't be ~ me saying it has to be for it too work needs to go work at an NGO and not been in Management. Everything cannot be categorised as CSR!

By the way FOS is not feet on street but full of shit.

( DISCLAIMER: I'm Generalising for Impact~Sorry Zubin Sir if you ever read this, this does not include you)

2 things that I need to do
Network: At B-school we learn to do a SWOT analysis of companies and us as individuals as well.So I decided long ago that I was going to improve my networking skills.I was really happy that I'm a friendly person etc. and I would probably take the initiative to say hello to a stranger at a party. But I was never consistent and sometimes would be happy hanging out with the same people.So this time at the birthday girls party I said I would network. She had told me lots of new people are coming and that I should now put this into practise. What happened was the music, being so banging I was on the floor and didnt even bother about doing anything else!!!! This is something that I need to do.

Frank opinions: My cousin made me realise that when people were asking me for my frank opinon I was just telling them what I thought they wanted to hear. And my cousin is HONEST when someone ask's her opinion. I couldn't believe that I was using the easy way out.So this blog is the first (of course here no one has really asked for my opinion ~ but Im pleasing my self) and a continous attempt to stick to being as a 'straight as a stick' (as they say).

No comments: