
Kyani (pronounced KA-YA-NI) ~ haven’t you passed this place a million times driving down to Crawford Market?
I went here with my folks and some friends the other day to eat breakfast. Auf! The things I do for food! In the spirit of trying something different we had a really nice time.
The Irani ambience of the place has a very old world charm to it. We overheard two old chaps here, regulars sitting at probably their regular table complaining about everything under the sun.
And the place was decorated for the festive season even though we went on the 5th of Jan. The streamers also looked so old style and as we ordered our paani kam(less) chai ( courtesy our neighbor who is Zorashtrain himself and knows about all these things) we were transported to another time when things were very slow paced ( just like the service here) and meals were more about a social gathering rather than force of habit. And might I add that the chai was yummy too.
So yes I tried out something new......and at great risk too ;P but I don't want to spoil it for you'll go try the place first and then tell me if the resident rat says hello!
No comments:
Post a Comment