ARE YOU A WOMAN CHAUVINIST?
Oprah Primetime has some interesting topics. Today I reached home at 9pm and she was on. I caught the last 20 minutes of her show where she was interviewing PINK. The topic under discussion was about how girls, women ,females now-a-days are objectifying themselves. The women are doing it to themselves 'WOMEN CHAUVINISTS'.I caught the part about how America has a hole in its soul and how their daughters are reading teen fiction that reads like porn and flashing their breasts in reality TV shows to look cool. It made so much of sense and there was PINK a strong and beautiful role model who was coming out and saying that this is wrong.
I've always loved her music and not its not just cause of this.She says her song stupid girl is coming out against this.She talked about how the cover of Rolling stone magazine had a real cool guy who had won a cutting edge roller blading competition and similarly there was a female who had won the same competition but in the woman's category but she was not on the cover. It was probably because of the buzz surrounding the guy who was dating the latest IT girl versus the woman's squeaky clean image. What's up with our role models?
STUPID GIRL
Disease's growing, it's epidemic
I'm scared that there ain't a cure
The world believes it and I'm going crazyI cannot take any more
I'm so glad that I'll never fit in
That will never be me
Outcasts and girls with ambition
That's what I wanna see
Disasters all around
World despaired
Their only concern
Will they **** up my hair
Maybe if I act like that, that guy will call me back
Porno Paparazzi girl, I don't wanna be a stupid girl
Baby if I act like that, flipping my blond hair back
Push up my bra like that, I don't wanna be a stupid girl
I could relate to everything. It's spreading all over the world. It's an epidemic!
We all know women who have to dress up and look cute with the perfect handbag to match and they have nothing up there. Indian society emitomises this.Women are only someone to be worshipped or exploited. Sometimes I also struggle with this. Sure my parents are the slightly more liberal ones who have never discounted me because I am a woman.
But somewhere down the line it has gotten to me too. Sure I can stand up to any man and fight for my right to be recognised as a BEAUTIFUL and a SMART woman.I am not just here to hang around like a decoration. And then when I'm in that struggle I'll meet 2 kinds of women one who will say thats not your place to think that you can ever be yourself and express your views and the other kind of women who will say hey its ok to be in a T.Shirt on Saturday night even without your makeup on you look beautiful. And yah I've had guys calling me "blonde".........but I am smart enough to recognise that they are threatened by the fact that I look good and am even smarter then they are!!!!!I may laugh it off and act a bit blonde though..........but if I have more role models like PINK and more women support me telling me that its ok to tell the guy where he gets off..........we may soon be redifining the definition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Coincidentally i caught tht episode too... relate 2 what u hv written .. good work
Post a Comment