I lift it up to you now Lord......
It gives me the power to go where I want & do what I want to do without people asking me questions.I am able to say I contribute productively to society, I am independent & my worth is not just to look pretty but to share responsibility.
I did not know this & took it for granted like the millions of women in this city.This was until I saw the man on the wheel chair accepting something much below his intelligence.This was before I experienced my own adjustments & realised how much my father (and mother) & the fathers out there have to swallow so many things to prove that they are a man.
I try never to be ungrateful because I realise that I belong to a third world country & there are many who do not have the privilege like me.My JOB may not define me but it is my passport to a world of opportunities. I just hope that it no longer remains a JOB, but i find a vocation. For this there will be no more complaints but only honest efforts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very beautifully expressed.. Yes, we do have to shoulder responsibilities and have been fortunate enough to get Jobs as a means of contributing to society..
Post a Comment