Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So I was on the road and we got stuck in some ganpati crowd. Someone was burning crackers and there were lots of people with colour on their faces on the road. It was a bit scary luckily I was in the car. After a bit of that jam we proceeded from the highway towards the bandra flyover and then back on to SV Road. The detour was worth it cause the road was relatively clear.Hats off to our authorities for pulling it off. Anyways on the way home I passed a lot of these huge ganpatis with everyone having fun and shouting ganpati bapa moriya and stuff........
I was wondering though tommrrow how polluted our rivers are going to be and how many fishes are going to die.I really prefer those people who take out their ganesh idols from their mandir , worship him and then put him back after the 10 days. Do we really need to put him and that too so many of him in the water? ANd how many people are actually making sure that they are getting clay idols that will do no harm?
Let me say that I am not against it.........I have many friends who bring ganpati home and I ask all of them about their ganpatis and they all assure that they will easily melt in the water. What I'm trying to say though is not many of us realise that whatever actions we do affect a whole load of people and not just ourselves.

No comments: