
DONT REMIND ME ABOUT MY AGE OVER COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!
3 Men and 2 women meet up over coffee and the topic turns to relationships. The men are explaining to us how shallow they really are!!!! and then the conversation turns to diamond rings.
I dunno why I get made the Bakra everytime ~
"Chrissy" " If a guy you dont care for offers you a diamond ring would you accept?" And I said no I would not. "What if he did it in front of a room full of people?" again I said I would not accept his offer. But then this guy asking the question disagrees and says "No cannot be. You would probably say yes first to save him the embarrassment and then say no later" <> Anyways all permutations and combinations of questions about diamond rings are made until it comes to the clincher~~~
"What if you were 30 and someone offered you a diamond ring?" I must have hesitated a little bit because after I said "NO i still would not accept," The man just assumed and started his learned discourse on relationships "No you would say yes, at that age you would settle. So many woman settle and blah blah ...........
The point is I have been thinking about the conversation picturing me at 30 settling for some dude and that depresses me a good deal a great deal! I don't want to settle at all......whether I am 30 or 50 settling is not on my list of things to do! I want the whole hog,just like every woman I expect. He has to ring all my bells ;) and like the words of one of my favorite songs I have to see neon lights whenever he walks by!!!( ok Im exaggerating but you get the point)
It did not end there .......He went on to say that if women are going to settle at 30 for any man who gives them a diamond ring then they should just settle now instead!
And then since my friends told him that my birthday was coming up he started panicking and said "Oh mY god we have a 27 year old on are hands and we have to find her someone" Then he started screaming in the cafe " 27 year old here any one interested"
As usual I did not have anything smart to say to him at that moment!!!! Actually I still am kinda depressed thinking of the idea..........but I just need to clarify a few things
1) This man does not understand women at all
2) I am turning 26 not 27
3) Thats really not a problem ..........really I mean in my dad's mind Im still 4........so I am as young as I think I am right ):
4) You Jack you think your gonna get any women with the line "if women are going to settle at 30 for any man who gives them a diamond ring then they should just settle now instead!" Your gonna get nobody you silly twit
5) I mean you offer any woman a diamond at 50 even and say settle for me ........me thinks she is
going to show you the door (she may take the ring first and then show you the door)
4) Some people are not allowed to bring their friends to coffee anymore
5) I am going to try really hard not to settle but if I do I am going to atleast see that he makes me laugh
6) After this I am writing nothing about my age .........I'm putting it down to the Indian obsession with things happening at particular times and not being able to go with the flow.........
I have to admit the boy sure hit a nerve. Everyone knows in my country how warped the concept of marriage is. Every one has a shelf life.....to put it crudely.......and of course everyone has to get married. Seriously,dont remind me about things like that. My coffee left a bitter taste in my mouth
4 comments:
lol!!!!! woohoooooo!! male bashing at its best yea?!!
well i dunno bout u chris but me thinks at the end of that coffee table discussion he was jus trying reeeeeally hard to stand his ground.. seing as that nobody agreed with anything he said!! not even his male company!n he jus kept blabbing!!! now thats something a man really needs to slow down n think bout...wot say? (also the women agreed among themselves on just about everything yea? girl power!..lol) ;-)
i hate the fact that single women nearing 30 are considered to be "on their way to becoming desperate."
this guy sounds like the type who hopes women settle...
but like your post points out, some of us still want the neon lights:)
(i'll wait until i'm 100 for that rather than settle for 40watts)!!!
Never settle for less than you deserve.
way to go, godchild! settling for anything less than the aurora borealis is selling yourself short. at ANY age.
stay single , and happy.... and forever young.
and a very happy birthday. remember.... never worry about a man or a bus, there's always another one coming!
keep smiling,
hug,
k
Post a Comment