
YES I CALL MYSELF DIVA
Ok I had two blogs in my head and it’s been pathetic because I have not been able to put them down due to a 1000 distractions. And I’ve been constantly feeling I have to write about this……I have too. So anyways here goes the first one……..It’s about my hair cut…..It struck me when a friend said that I paid a lot of money for my haircut ( in a bad way) that for me it was the best thing that has happened to me!
Let me start at the very beginning…….I had just joined B-School, kinda settling in,changed my childhood residence, broke up from a relationship just before school started and was looking for a change. I met so many different people in B-School and one among them was my friend I’ll call G. You know how you have different friends for different things. Well she’s my Cool friend. With her you’re always thinking damn I’m better than this and wanting to say it to the world. She also has good taste in men and clothes and in generally living life. You need women like her especially when you’re stuck in a rut.
What inspired me first was that she got a funky haircut. One side cut longer than the other!! And I absolutely loved it. As soon as I expressed interest in it she kept encouraging me to go to her stylist. Ok now I had really thick boring long hair that I used to cut either in a blunt cut or a boy cut!!!!!!! I know you must be thinking I would be glad for a new look but it was really hard. I kept harrowing G for that entire month “should I go should I not go”……”I’ll make an appointment later” etc…….(Btw girl if your reading this you were a saint).Finally I just went one day and got my hair cut and it was drastic but I felt I looked like a bomb! Like really sexy and I felt it. Shane the stylist became like God…..because he changed my life…….I felt lighter and really empowered
THE POINT IS………….it liberated me……….really……..I think that every Indian woman is suffering from the *good girl syndrome* me included. We do stuff that society expects us to do. We worry about what people will think of us. For example my dad has never allowed me to wear a mini skirt…..such that I’ve always automatically chosen pants over skirts. But not anymore I am going to do stuff and wear stuff that I like!!!!! Earlier on I loved being make-up less and used to actually look down on women who wore lots of makeup. In fact there was an article I read about the exact thing. What I want to say is that my Haircut made me make peace. Peace with the fact that I am beautiful and all the ladies around me are beautiful. And If they or I want to botox, detox, do plastic surgery whatever…………as long as it makes us happy I am loving it. We have only 1 life right? I say go out and wear those bikinis ladies or the granny panties whatever is your thing……..just be happy. And just in case I get insecure again about some body part or some thing someone said….I hope I can say to hell with it…….and follow my own heart ….always.
4 comments:
Have been pondering a lot about this n feel v glad that have friends like u to say "hell with it"... v nicely written.. its strange how one haircut can change our perspectives! its scary, actually.. what say?
I abs agree Neha....its like your decisions always have this shadow hanging over them.......Like I think a 100 times....even for something like a haircut...I think women are conditioned or something...but we need to do stuff that makes us happy and makes us look good....There'll always be people who bring us down....but the appreciative looks and other such stuff I got after my haircut......or maybe it was just a change in perspective anyways it proves that saying to "hell with it" is really worth it!!!!!!!
Chrissy... let me start with mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!! I think Shane is Gay.. sshhh.... btw I think I need a haircut again..
You look fabulous and yes, you should treat yourself like a diva because if you don't who else will? You should always treat yourself well and except nothing less from the people you allow in your life. Enjoy your freedom to the fullest by doing, wearing and looking the way you want.
Post a Comment